Solar Light Company, a leader in the renewable energy industry in Ghana, has a vacancy for a Design Engineer to oversee the design, installation and maintenance of solar electric systems and related projects for the company.
1. Design of solar PV systems, particularly commercial grid-tie systems
2. Supervise and undertake installation work
3. Support maintenance troubleshooting
4. Capture new business in the commercial solar space
5. Provide technical support for Sales and Service teams
1. Multidisciplinary person with electrical and mechanical skills
2. Proven track record of accomplishments
3. Ability to work independently to achieve set goals
4. Experience with design tools, including AutoCAD, HOMER, and RETScreen
5. Advanced Excel skills preferred
6. Must be prepared to travel occasionally
7. Must be prepared to work odd hours and occasional weekends
8. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
9. Must be able to interface directly with customers.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in electrical, solar, mechanical or marine engineering.
2. At least 3 years working experience in industry or field work.
3. Previous experience with solar systems desirable but not required.