- Burkina Faso
- Ivory Coast
Solar Light has a vacancy for a Design Engineer to oversee the design, installation and maintenance of solar electric systems and related projects for the company.
- Design of solar PV systems, particularly commercial grid-tie systems
- Supervise and undertake installation work
- Support maintenance troubleshooting
- Capture new business in the commercial solar space
- Provide technical support for Sales and Service teams
- Multidisciplinary person with electrical and mechanical skills
- Proven track record of accomplishments
- Ability to work independently to achieve set goals
- Experience with design tools, including AutoCAD, HOMER, and RETScreen
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Must be prepared to travel nationwide and occasionally to neighboring countries.
- Must be prepared to work odd hours and occasional weekends.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interface directly with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in electrical, solar, mechanical or marine engineering.
- At least 3 years working experience in industry or field work.
- Previous experience with solar solar systems desirable but not required.